As you know we can have pasta in the LID. I made a homemade tomato sauce that I love because I gave it my little twist of flavor and you will enjoy that surprise as well. So good, so simple and so delicious. Hope you enjoy it as I do. Remember...Low Iodine does not equal to bad food! We can make through this! Let's make another great LID meal.
- 1 28 oz can of Crushed Tomatos - No salt added All Natural (Dei Fratelli brand is my favorite)
- Olive Oil to caramelize onion and garlic (just enough to make onion sizzle)
- Red pepper crushed
- Kosher Salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh Cilantro to taste (I used half of palm of my hand chopped)
- Fresh Basil to taste (I chopped 4 leaves)
- Fresh Parsley ( half palm of hand)
- Red Wine (NOT COOKING WINE..contains Iodine) Use regular drinking red wine of choice OR Red Wine Vinegar ( I use around 2 -3 Tbsp)
I also love Portobella Mushrooms. I don't added to the sauce as others might not like them, but I will cut them in pieces and then place some oilive oil in a pan, put them in the oil with some fresh garlic and pepper. Once they are caramelized, I will put them on top of my Spaghetti with my Tomato Sauce and Yuuuum!
In a caserole, place Olive oil to heat. Then place onion and garlic to tenderize at medium heat. Once they are tender add all the rest of ingridients exept the cinnamon. Let it cook for about 30 minutes at medium heat. Stir occasionally. 30 minutes into sauce been cooking, add a pinch of cinnamon. Once sauce is ready, enjoy with your favorite pasta. Add the mushrooms....its great!