Thursday, November 18, 2010

Low Iodine does not means BAD FOOD....I actually like it!

I am not goin to lie, when my doctor said I need to do low iodine diet to get me ready for radiation treatment I almost fainted! When I heard I COULDN'T consume any dairy or dairy products ( I am a HUGE dairy eater) a big light bulb came to my brain and said "Michelle just use soy milk then!"....STOP! Nope....no soy based products either. That's when I became the most bitter person I could be. How would I live for 17 days without any Dairy? I could not consume any sea salt or iodized salt either, so right there I can't consume anything already made because there is no way to know if they used either salt for preparation. That's the reason I have to make my own meals. I also can't have any egg yolks (egg whites ok), sea food or sea food based products such as sea weed, any baked goods unless I prepare them. Ahrrrrrgggg....that means NO BREAD! ....no no no! That's when I became the proud owner of a bread machine. My mother gave it to me as an early birthday preasent. I've learned to make the most delicious breads, cakes (Yes! Cakes) and outstanding tasty food on a low iodine diet. I hope that what I share with you, will make this journey to become cancer free a positive and tasty one. :) ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment